Books, Booze & Banter - A Virtual Book Launch with Local Author Chris Erskine!
LCF Chamber hosts:
Books, Booze & Banter
Event featuring Chris Erskine in an informal sharing of stories, insights, and observations during the quarantine.
Chris Erskine has invited us to his living room (via Zoom) to celebrate the publication of his fourth book fresh out of the factory. It’s called “Lavender in Your Lemonade,” a collection of his daily posts during the height of the COVID pandemic.
Three takeaways: Where there is humor, there is hope. Where there is gin, there is tonic. And better times are always just ahead.
We invite you to join us from the comfort of your home on
Thursday, October 1, 2020
To get into the spirit of the event, we encourage you to grab your favorite quarantine beverage to enjoy while listening to the banter!
Lavender Lemonade Ingredients
Lavender Simple Syrup
1 cup of sugar
2 TB dried lavender petals, culinary grade
6-8 lemons (approx 1 cup fresh juice)
Plus one more for garnish (sliced, deseeded)
4 cups of water
1. Make simple syrup by adding sugar, lavender, 1 cup water to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then simmer about 5 minutes. Pour syrup through a mesh sieve into a measuring cup and allow to cool.
2. Meanwhile, juice lemons until you have 1 cup of juice. Pour juice into pitcher, add 4 cups of water.
3. Add half the cooled syrup, and taste the lemonade, add the remaining syrup if desired. Tip: Store any leftover syrup in a sealed container for up to a year.
4. Serve in pitcher, or glasses filled with ice. Garnish with fresh mint.
5. If serving hard, add GIN to pitcher, or add to individual glasses as serving.
Opportunity Drawings too!
Chris Erskine has been chronicling life in Los Angeles for more than 25 years. As a columnist for the Los Angeles Times, he wrote for the sports, travel, entertainment, and lifestyle sections. Best known for his characterizations of suburban family life, he is the author of three other books of essays: Surviving Suburbia, Man of the House and Daditude. The Chicago native has also worked for papers in Miami and New Orleans. He has been a La Cañada Flintridge resident for 27 years. Follow his work at ChrisErskineLA.com
A fundraiser benefiting the LCF Chamber of Commerce