Community Center of LCF is Hiring!
Administrative Assistant Job Description
This position is a part-time Administrative Assistant at the Community Center of La Canada Flintridge (CCLCF). We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization in operation since 1948 that works to enhance the well-being of the community by bringing people of all ages together for enrichment, recreation, and social programs.
Reports to: Executive Director, Program Director, Office Manager Hours Per week: 10 - 12
The person in this position will provide administrative support for the Program Director and Office Manager at the Community Center. They will help improve workflow and productivity by assisting with daily administrative tasks and long-term projects including but not limited to customer interaction via email and phone, data entry, basic accounting, marketing, and volunteer coordination.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Greeting customers and visitors that come to the Center.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Handle incoming phone calls and other daily communications with customers, vendors, and volunteers.
- Data entry in multiple platforms including, Office 365, Quickbooks Online and Civic Rec.
- Drafting and proofreading correspondence.
- Creating marketing materials including email and social media.
- Flexible scheduling and availability on some nights and weekends for special events including Thanksgiving morning.
- Organize and maintain common areas of the Community Center.
- 2+ years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant or in a related field.
- Able to write and communicate clearly.
- Familiarity with basic bookkeeping and marketing principles.
- Proficiency with basic computer processes and software like Microsoft.
- Ability to learn new software platforms.
- Familiarity with web-based platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and WordPress.
- Works well with limited supervision and has excellent organizational skills.
- Able to set goals and prioritize tasks.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
The Community Center of La Canada Flintridge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, or age.